cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move AP 250 to another organization cannot reassign device error

Move AP 250 to another organization cannot reassign device error

mrclem999
New Contributor

I am trying to move 1 ap 250 from from organization to another organization in the same portal.  I am getting a cannot reassign device error.  How can I over come this?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi, I´ve the same problem with new 305C. I need to wait or reset them to default. With many luck it´s working. I´m trying to move 8 APs to a new orga at the moment. 4 are working the others get the error message “cannot reassign device”. You´re not alone 9c5c7e94755b4d619dc810086ae38215_1f609.png  

a_huerzeler
Contributor

Hi there, it is a bug who has been filed with Extreme / Aerohive support (CFD-4716). Happens on the ExtremeCloud IQ and on the newest release of IQVA. If you try often enough you should get lucky and be able to move the AP but it needs patience. lets hope they bring out a software update soon and that Extreme engineers test more carefully next time. 

best.

Andi

mrclem999
New Contributor

I am not trying to add this to another account.  My company is split up into 3 locations.  Under the same portal login, I can see Dave’s House, Mike House, and Office as organization.  I was trying to move 1 of the existing AP’s to another location.  

Thank you

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

If the AP has been onboarded to a certain account, you can’t assign it to another account by simply deleting it in Hive Manager from the first. 

Please contact our support team and open a case. They will ask you to provide certain information allowing them to remove it from the database and only after which you may add it to the new account. 

Thank you,

Chris 

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN