Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Devices unable to be onboarded

Multiple Devices unable to be onboarded

Juan_Patricio
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a bunch of previously used AP250s to use for a small refresh in on of our schools. When I go to onboard them in ExtremeIQ, I get an error saying that they are already onboarded.

I'm not sure if we are able to reach out to the previous company who owned them to have them offboard the APs. Is there a way for us to get these onboarded without going through the previous owner?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the mention @systemscsn

@Juan_Patricio, if you can email the serial numbers in question to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I can see about getting those devices freed up for you. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sharyn7855
New Contributor

Hello,

If you're encountering an error or message that prevents you from adding new devices, it's possible that there may be an issue with the service itself, such as a temporary outage or maintenance period. In this case, CheckMyRota Login
it may be helpful to check the service's official website or social media accounts for any announcements or updates about known issues.

Alternatively, if you're encountering a technical issue that prevents you from adding devices even though the service appears to be functioning normally, there are a few steps you can try: Double-check that you're following the correct onboarding process for your specific service or platform. Some services may have different onboarding procedures depending on the device or operating system you're using.

Make sure that the devices you're trying to onboard meet any minimum system requirements or compatibility standards. If a device is too old or doesn't meet certain specifications, it may not be able to connect to the service. Try restarting both the device you're trying to onboard and the service or platform itself. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues or other technical glitches.

If you've tried the above steps and are still unable to onboard multiple devices, it may be helpful to reach out to the service's customer support team. They may be able to provide more detailed troubleshooting advice or assist you with any account or device-specific issues.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the mention @systemscsn

@Juan_Patricio, if you can email the serial numbers in question to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I can see about getting those devices freed up for you. 

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Posting here normally gets that resolved, as the forum owners normally reach out to you, asking for the serial numbers, then release them on the back-end.  surprising no one has reached out to you yet!  @SamPirok has helped quite a few people, he is the Extreme Forum guru and overall good guy.  maybe see if you can message him.  Or you can call the tech support (should be a contact number on this site somewhere).  Regards, Jason.

GTM-P2G8KFN