cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Eth1 port on an AP

Setting up Eth1 port on an AP

bobby_clowers
New Contributor
Recently I had a post about setting up the Eth1 port on an AP and it was answered.  Now that I know how to set it up it has occurred to me that with all our schools and different Vlans a lot of AP templates, port types, user profiles, and cloud config groups are going to have to be created since the original access port that you can pick is only Vlan 1.  We have our switch ports set to trunk ports with a native VLAN setup that only our APs our on, and since our workstations that we are trying to connect are on a different VLAN setting all that up is the only thing I can see to make it work.  I thought back in the day you could change the interface setting on an individual ap, but now it seems it will not let you. I thought you could edit the port type here and it use to be a drop-down where you could change the port type. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. 
e212c058eebd47a4ba9f4cfb3c28ea61.png
3 REPLIES 3

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Hello,

You would have to assign a template, but you could use location based assignment to change the vlan in the user profile you're assigning to the access port for eth1. You create a new template, and a new port type for eth1, assign the new user profile and under the vlan use a vlan object with location based assignment rules.

bobby_clowers
New Contributor
How would I do that on the eth1 port.  I have the eth0 uplink port set because it's the same everywhere.

AreckD
Extreme Employee
Hello,

If you only need to assign vlan, you could make the vlan object assign the specific vlan by device location so you don't need to get complicated with your templates.
GTM-P2G8KFN