Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to XIQ (and older Aerohive) Access Points after End of Support

What happens to XIQ (and older Aerohive) Access Points after End of Support

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

what happens to an AP that has passed the End of Support date. Can the AP still connect to the cloud and can it still be configured and used?

I am aware that there will be no more bugfixes and no more support after this date. But you could still use the AP with the existing software (regardless of whether that makes sense or not). Or can the AP then no longer be connected?

Is there an official statement about this?

Regards Stephan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephan, XIQ will still recognize the older models for a long time after they reach End of Sale/End of Support. You can check which devices are recognized by XIQ here: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/learning-whats-new.htm

You can see some of these devices have reached End of Sale already. For example, the AP 120 reached end of sale in 2013, and end of support in 2018, but we can still use it in XIQ so long as it has a IQ Engine version of 6.5r3 or higher. Another quick way to check if a model is supported by XIQ is to see if you can make a device template for that model, or see if you can simulate a device of that model in your inventory. 

I can’t make any promises, but I don’t know of any devices that were previously supported in XIQ (formerly known as NG) and then were later removed. And I’ve been around since the beginning of NG/XIQ so I think it’s a safe bet you’ll still be able to use older devices long after they’ve reached end of support. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Sam,

thank you for the detailed explanation.

Regards Stephan

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephan, XIQ will still recognize the older models for a long time after they reach End of Sale/End of Support. You can check which devices are recognized by XIQ here: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/learning-whats-new.htm

You can see some of these devices have reached End of Sale already. For example, the AP 120 reached end of sale in 2013, and end of support in 2018, but we can still use it in XIQ so long as it has a IQ Engine version of 6.5r3 or higher. Another quick way to check if a model is supported by XIQ is to see if you can make a device template for that model, or see if you can simulate a device of that model in your inventory. 

I can’t make any promises, but I don’t know of any devices that were previously supported in XIQ (formerly known as NG) and then were later removed. And I’ve been around since the beginning of NG/XIQ so I think it’s a safe bet you’ll still be able to use older devices long after they’ve reached end of support. 

GTM-P2G8KFN