cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ - "A stake record of the device was found in the redirector" error when trying to onboard switch

XIQ - "A stake record of the device was found in the redirector" error when trying to onboard switch

rcurry506
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am trying to onboard an EXOS switch to my XIQ account and I get this error message when I put in the serial number. 

“A stake record of the device was found in the redirector.”

I am wondering how to solve this or how to get the previous license released since I own the device now and have a new license for it. 

Thank you!

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2

matthew_laney
New Contributor

I have a SR2124 switch that I need to have the same thing done.  Removed Serial number to e-mail support.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Typically when you see that stake record error, if you can either open a case or email community@extremenetworks.com with the serial number of the device in question, we can assist you with removing the old records from the redirector so you can add that device to your own inventory. There are a couple limitations on how much the community team at community@extremenetworks.com can assist you with switches though; if you have an issue with an SR22xx or SR23xx device, you’ll need to open a case for help with those devices. 

If the old records show the device belonging to a different account than yours, we’ll need to reach out to the original account to get approval for transferring the ownership of that device over to you. We will be able to locate the previous owner with the serial number you provide, so you don’t need to worry if you’re no longer in contact with the original owner at the moment. Please let me know if I can clarify anything! 

GTM-P2G8KFN