Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ readonly mode ?

XIQ readonly mode ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I want to evaluate analytics in XIQ for a customer, but don't want to risk pushing any change back to the devices (EXOS switches).
It already accidentally happened on one of my own devices, XIQ applied "changes" I hadn't actually done (defaulting every port to VLAN 1), which totally broke the network.

I can't find a way to totally disable any type of device configuration in XIQ.
Whenever I add a new device, I'm forced to apply a network policy, the audit policy icon lights up, and XIQ wants to overwrite the existing configuration with default settings (untagged VLAN, port description...).
Sure, I will refrain from hitting the "Update devices" button, now that I know it's going to kill the network, but I don't want any other admin to be tempted to do so, and the orange Configuration audit icon just does this.

How can I prevent this from ever happening ?
How can I turn XIQ to readonly mode ?
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I finally realized you can actually onboard a device with no network policy.
(Though if you DID assign one, it cannot be unassigned! -- see https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000094757)

It seems like SNMP is the only issue, traps are still forcefully enabled on onboarding.

It guess I'll run this trough GTAC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, GTAC won't provide any help for issues with XIQ Connect or XIQ Pilot Trial.
And the only data XIQ is able to extract from EXOS is the MAC address table...
I guess there's really no point in using XIQ for existing XMC customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, merely onboarding a device tampers with the SNMP port configuration (enables trap where it was disabled).
I really don't want this to happen.
GTM-P2G8KFN