Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ with EXOS

ZTP+ with EXOS

RobertD1
Contributor

Hello,

Is there a document on configuring ZTP+ with EXOS?

Thanks,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

RobertD1
Contributor

Actually, I don't think it is necessary to remove the primary.cfg as well as factory default the switch. I didn't wait long enough, takes about five minutes to appear in Discovered window. I then stage it and wait another eight minutes and check the switch has been configured. 

RobertD1
Contributor

I have setup a GNS3 lab where the EXOS booting without primary.cfg finds a DHCP IP, domain name and DNS Server (show dns-client confirms) so the ZTP+ process can resolve extremecontrol.<domain> and then pops up in the Discovered window. I am then able to apply configuration where the device is added to the appropriate site path and configure a new VLAN on the switch. I'm certain there is more I can push down and will investigate more but made progress. 

Not sure if it is possible to uses ZTP+ to upgrade the software on a GNS3 VM.

Also, is it possible to use a template file so the newly discovered switch gets config applied in one go without having to interact with it?

Rob

Downloaded the latest 32.1.1.6 .XOS from Github and made it the reference image and was able to upgrade the VM during ZTP+ process.

Don't think templates work with ZTP+ only with ZTP. Not sure how they differ I wanted to do ZTP process and use a template? I can archive a config and save the config as a template in XML format which I can edit but is tricky to do it this way. ZTP+ allows for VLANs and Port Types which is fine for some situations.

To return a switch to use ZTP+ I need to go to factory defaults (unconfigure switch all) which reboots the switch and then I also need to rm primary.cfg  and reboot a second time. Is there an easier way to return to ZTP+, I cannot delete primary.cfg when it is the active config.  

GTM-P2G8KFN