cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterasys SecureStack equivalent of EXOS edge-safeguard with bpdu-restrict?

Enterasys SecureStack equivalent of EXOS edge-safeguard with bpdu-restrict?

Rahman_Duran
Contributor II
Hi,

I configured access ports as link-type edge and configured edge-safeguard with bpdu-restrict on these ports, on EXOS switches. My motivation is to detect and act on network loops on access ports. Some rooms has two or more rj45 plugs on the wall and for some reason, students like to get a patch cord and connect both its two ends to the two plugs on the wall  Even if I do not set access ports as edge ports, MSTP blocks one of the ports without a problem. But there is no specific log for this situation so we can not generate alarms and detect loops. With enabling edge-safeguard adn bpdu-restrict, EXOS sends bpdu packets on edge ports and when it receive the bpdu packet from the looped port, it disables the port for 600 seconds (not stp blocking state) and logs it like "STP.DsblPortBrdgDtect> (mstp_decode_and_process_bpdu) BPDU Restrict Port (8) has received a bpdu and will be shutdown." so we can generate alarms on our logging solution.

I tried to the achieve the same on securestack B5. I set the access ports as "adminedge". But as far as I know, EOS does not send any bpdu on adminedge ports. So I pluged b5's port 7 to port 8 (both adminedge) to create a loop. It did not disabled the ports.

So, how can I achieve the same goal on B5?

Regards,

Rahman​
0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN