cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS switch (4800, 4900) and LLDP for Avaya VOIP phone

ERS switch (4800, 4900) and LLDP for Avaya VOIP phone

XTRMUser
Contributor

Currently we use DHCP options for setting up our Avaya phones (mostly 9600's and J100's). It works, usually, and was wondering if LLDP would work better.

I've seen examples/docs for setting up EXOS, but not ERS. So some help would be appreciated. Reading through the docs of ERS, it appears we need to set up ADAC, but in other places, it appears we don't need ADAC to run LLDP. Very confusing...

Our Avaya IP Office server is on a different vlan/subnet than any of our phones. Which probably won't make any difference, but I'm including it for completeness.

Some of the switches are fabric attached to our cores (VOSS 8600's), and some are tagged ports.

We also have some VOSS switches (5420's) on the edge, and would also like to configure LLDP on these.

Any help, pointers, would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

XTRMUser
Contributor

Received a private message from another user with a couple of old documents from the Avaya days. I think these will answer my question. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

XTRMUser
Contributor

Received a private message from another user with a couple of old documents from the Avaya days. I think these will answer my question. 

GTM-P2G8KFN