cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change License Level from Core to Advanced Edge?

Change License Level from Core to Advanced Edge?

MartinS
New Contributor III

I am building a stack of the following:

Summit X670G2-48x-4q

Summit X460-G2-48p-10GE

Summit X460-G2-48p-10GE

The plan was to re-use these 3 units, because they were originally deployed for a different purpose.  The two X460's have Advanced Edge licenses. The X670 has a core license. Can I downgrade the Core license on the X670 to Advanced Edge to be able to create the stack? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

Yes, you can either set the effective stack-license to be advance edge and lose the core-features on the x670-G2, or just don't make the x460-G2's master-capable. The license just needs to match on the slots that are master-capable and can possibly become master, however given that the x670-G2 has a much higher capability than the x460-G2 you may not want to make the x460-G2 become master anyways.  Disadvantage here is that in case of a reboot of the x670-G2 the whole stack would reboot, and failover of mastership to one of the x460-G2 would not happen.  It all depends on the use-case.

MartinS
New Contributor III

We don't need the Core features on the X670-G2's. So if I set the effective stack-license to Advanced Edge, does that mean that I can allow the X670'G2 to become master and still allow the other two X460'G2's to still become master capable without issue?

GTM-P2G8KFN