Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config changing to EXOS 31.5

Config changing to EXOS 31.5

zoae
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

My organization have a pair of S-Series S1-A which running on 08.63.09.0001. Currently both switch are dying and we are going to replace with a pair of 5520 24X that running on EXOS 31.5.

We have ospf routing internally and bgp on external. And also some VRF and VRRP.

It would be great If there is any config converter tool avaiable for advances configurations. I have tried e2x.py but those are only works for basic commands.

Any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredrikB-NN
New Contributor III

I can't help you with the conversion. I guess you'll have to accept what the e2x.py gives you and use that as a starting point. Adding the more advanced stuff may, hopefully, not be too complicated. If you use the online guides and the documentation, you should get quite far, assuming you know those routing protocols well in the first place.

You mentioned EXOS 31.5. I'd strongly advice against that on the 5520 platform (or any platform basically). Use the latest patch in 31.7 and you'll have tons of updates that we and others have already struggled with. EXOS/SwitchEngine 32.x will probably become the recommended release soon, but wait for the official note before upgrading in production.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FredrikB-NN
New Contributor III

I can't help you with the conversion. I guess you'll have to accept what the e2x.py gives you and use that as a starting point. Adding the more advanced stuff may, hopefully, not be too complicated. If you use the online guides and the documentation, you should get quite far, assuming you know those routing protocols well in the first place.

You mentioned EXOS 31.5. I'd strongly advice against that on the 5520 platform (or any platform basically). Use the latest patch in 31.7 and you'll have tons of updates that we and others have already struggled with. EXOS/SwitchEngine 32.x will probably become the recommended release soon, but wait for the official note before upgrading in production.

GTM-P2G8KFN