Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Configure Traps for OSPF Neighbor Change on a XOS Switch

Configure Traps for OSPF Neighbor Change on a XOS Switch

Alexander_Bauer
New Contributor
Hello,

how can i configure a trap for an ospf neighbor change?
Mib-View is added:
#configure snmpv3 add mib-view "All" subtree 1.0/00 type included

Other traps were reached by Netsight.

Thanks,
Alex
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Keith9
Contributor III
It worked!
The command:
Enable snmp traps ospf all
on the switch paired with the netsight alarms configuration in my last posts screen shots did work. Around 1:12 am last night there was a small interruption in one of our WAN providers, which does happen from time to time in those AM overnight maintenance windows. I received 4 emails from Netsight stating ospf neighbor state change along with the IP endpoints, all of which are on that provider. Now I remoted in and traceroutes look normal so it must have been a quick maintenance item done by the ISP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Keith9
Contributor III
I must already have it configured:
configure log filter DefaultFilter add events "ospf.neighbor.ChgState"
ERROR: Filter item you are trying to add is redundant, item not added.

sh configuration | i DefaultFilter
configure log target syslog 10.1.0.110:514 vr VR-Default local0 filter DefaultFilter severity Debug-Data

10.1.0.110 is netsight.

So in Netsight under Alarm Configuration I went to add > Selected Trap Alarm and then I added the following
OSPF Authentication Failure - ospfIfAuthFailure
OSPF Conflicting Packet - ospfIfConfigError
OSPF Interface State Change - ospfIfStateChange
OSPF Neighbor State Change - ospfNbrStateChange

All are set to send me an email. Now I wait for an actual event (or trigger one after hours) and see if I am alerted. Maybe some of those are redundant... but I'll have to see what is triggered and then maybe I can fine tune.

Necheporenko__N
Extreme Employee
Hello Keith,

You may configure: configure log filter CUSTOM_FILTER add event "ospf.neighbor.ChgState"

Best Regards,
Nikolay

Keith9
Contributor III
Hi, what is the message for OSPF adjacency / neighbor change? In the article you linked you show the message is: "detect-sflow-change"

Is there a table of various messages one can trap on? I'm not in a position to break links to create a log to see what it says. I'm on a production network. I would just like to be alerted if there is a change which could indicate a particular WAN link went down.

Necheporenko__N
Extreme Employee
Hello Alex,

No additional adjustment is required.

Best Regards,
Nikolay

Alexander_Bauer
New Contributor
Hi Nikolay,
thanks for your answer.

We have configured the upm profile and log event according to the gtac articel.

Do we have to additionaly adjust the snmp configuration for the trap to be send to the netsight? (We already configured the switch to send "normal" snmp traps to the netsight)

Thanks,

Alex
GTM-P2G8KFN