cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug autonegotiation problem

debug autonegotiation problem

M_Nees
Contributor III
We have some clients with gigabit TP NIC on a X450-G2 (EXOS V16.1.3.6 patch1-4) - but they only connect with 100MB full duplex. (i investigate the problem via trial and error)
My concern is now - how can i troubleshoot this from switch CLI?

1) How can i see more what happenend regarding autoneg on that specific port - how can i increase log level to debug this ?
Which log modul have to be modified ?

2) On enterasys Switches (EOS) i could determine via "set port advertise" which speed or duplex modes are advertised to the partner AND which speed / duplex the partner offers.

System(rw)->show port advertise ge.4.36
ge.4.36 capability advertised remote
----------------------------------------------10BASE-T yes yes no
10BASE-TFD yes yes no
100BASE-TX yes yes no
100BASE-TXFD yes yes no
1000BASE-X no no no
1000BASE-XFD no no no
1000BASE-T no no no
1000BASE-TFD yes yes no
other no no yes
pause yes no no
Apause yes no no
Spause yes no no
Bpause yes yes noHow can i achieve this with EXOS ?

Regards
12 REPLIES 12

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi B-rad,

as you see in the output - auto on speed 10 duplex full was my first shot ...

Are there any advices how i can make debugging more verbose to see why the link does not come up ?

BradP
Extreme Employee
As we did last time, I think we would have to go the GTAC route.

Regards,
Brad

M_Nees
Contributor III
Brad help we via a remote session and getting via interal debug commands (protected via one-time password challenge) to get what the related TP port is advertising and what the partner offers.

Thanks.

BradP
Extreme Employee
Just to circle back, after a remote session, we were able to confirm that the partner device was advertising 10Mfd, 100Mfd, but not 1000Mfd. A feature request was also opened to expose those commands into the standard CLI instead of needing debug mode.

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hello Matthias,

1. To get some info about what the port negotiated, use:
show ports [portlist] configuration no-refresh
show ports [portlist] information detail2. EXOS send any supported speed/duplex mode during autonegotiation, unless configured otherwise. This configuration uses the following command:
configure ports PORTLIST auto on speed SPEED duplex DUPLEXThis supports one setting only, not a set of settings as on EOS.

Best regards,
Erik
GTM-P2G8KFN