Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing image - X435

Error installing image - X435

adamnordmark
New Contributor

Hi!

I'm trying to update my X435 switch, but I'm getting this same error every time:

* X435-24T-4S.17 # install image /usr/local/ext/32.6.2.68.xos

Debug information files are present in internal-memory.

These files will be removed if you continue with download.

Do you want to continue with download and remove existing files from internal-memory? (y/N) Yes

Note: The inactive partition (secondary) will be used for installation.

Downloading to Switch......................................................................................

Installing to secondary partition!

Installing to Switch........ubinfo: error!: libubi failed to probe volume 9 on ubi0

error 19 (No such device)

ubinfo: error!: libubi failed to probe volume 9 on ubi0

..............................ubinfo: error!: libubi failed to probe volume 9 on ubi0

.................ubimkvol: error!: cannot UBI create volume

error 17 (File exists)

I have never seen this issue before, I have tried different XOS versions, different installation options (USB, TFTP etc.), different USB-drives, also tried updating from XIQ. Rescue seems to give the same errors too.

Does anybody have an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

Ran into this yesterday.  Ended up using these steps from the article, rescued with 30.5 summitlite firmware, from there updated to the latest.  This was a x435 straight out of the box.   

Article: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000092616&q=30.5%20rescue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

Ran into this yesterday.  Ended up using these steps from the article, rescued with 30.5 summitlite firmware, from there updated to the latest.  This was a x435 straight out of the box.   

Article: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000092616&q=30.5%20rescue

Bill_Handler
Contributor II

adamnordmark,

You should be using the Summitlite firmware image on the x435 - the filename should be something like: 

summitlite_arm-31.7.2.28-patch1-75.xos

The x435 uses the summitlite_arm firmware, the x430 uses the summitlite firmware.

Thanks,

Bill

GTM-P2G8KFN