Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Logs information

Event Logs information

Bo_Bo_Pai_Htet
New Contributor II
Hi ,

I would like to know some Event Logs info from X440 Series Switch as below.
Could you please help me in detail what mean for and how to fix it properly?

1) Slot-1:Power usage exceeding threshold for slot 2
2) Slot-1:Port 2:24 Link Down
3) Slot-1:IPv4 multicast entry not added. Hardware L3 Table Full. ( Logged at most once per hour.)
4) Slo-1: Port 3:21 is delivering power
5) Slot-1: Internal Power Supply in slot 5 is disconnected
6) Slot-1:Slot-5 down , resetting all TCP connections to it
7) Slot-1:Module in Slot-5 is removed

Please kindly help me above Event Logs , some logs appeared frequently with unique port/slot numbers?

If you have Event logs reference documents , please kindly share us.

Thanks
Best Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Jason_Parker
Contributor
2) Slot-1:Port 2:24 Link Down This is a basic port trap for a port down such as a PC being powered down 7) Slot-1:Module in Slot-5 is removed This seems like a module was either removed from athe card in slot one and placed back into the chassis or this issue may need to be investigated through an escalation.

Bo_Bo_Pai_Htet
New Contributor II
Thanks Mr. Sumit Tokle

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Slo-1: Port 3:21 is delivering power

Description:The speci ed port is delivering power.
Remedy:No action required.

Slot-1:Power usage exceeding threshold for slot 2

Description:The power consumption used by Power-over-Ethernet devices is exceeding the system-wide threshold.
Remedy:Increase the amount of power available for the slot, or reduce the amount of power being used by the
Power-over-Ethernet devices.

Slot-1:IPv4 multicast entry not added. Hardware L3 Table Full. ( Logged at most once per hour.)

Description:IPv4 Multicast processing on speci ed slot logged a message of severity 'Warning'.

X440 switch has small L3 table. You can check if X440 switches are hitting the limitation or not. We could tweak the table depending upon the requirement. It would be nice if you can open TAC case to narrow down the issue ASAP.

GTM-P2G8KFN