Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS VSA 211 untagged not working

EXOS VSA 211 untagged not working

netjradm
New Contributor

Hi,

i'm trying to authenticate client via dot1x (EAP-TLS), RADIUS and netlogin.
Our Radius Server is sending the VSA211 Attribute in the Accept Message but the EXOS Switch does not put the Client in the specified VLAN.

Radius Attribut:
Extreme-Netlogin-Extended-Vlan=U5

Wireshark Capture:

netjradm_0-1706601802201.png

exos debug

netjradm_1-1706601949375.png

when i configure the radius server to send the vlan via Tunnel-Group-ID the end device is moved to the correct vlan.

wireshark capture

netjradm_3-1706603014008.png

netlogin debug

netjradm_2-1706602995720.png

Switch Config: 

configure radius netlogin primary server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 1812 client-ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX vr VR-Default
configure radius netlogin primary shared-secret encrypted "secret"
configure radius netlogin secondary server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 1812 client-ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX vr VR-Default
configure radius netlogin secondary shared-secret encrypted "secret"
configure radius dynamic-authorization 1 server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX client-ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX vr VR-Default shared-secret encrypted "secret"
configure radius dynamic-authorization 2 server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX client-ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX vr VR-Default shared-secret encrypted "secret"
enable radius
disable radius mgmt-access
enable radius netlogin
enable radius dynamic-authorization
enable netlogin dot1x
enable netlogin ports 3-8 dot1x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OscarK
Extreme Employee

Have you enabled policy (I assume so as you have dynamic authorization enabled) ?

If so, then EXOS does not honor VSA211, only the attributes mentioned in the userguide for policy and only if you enable maptable response both and vlanauthorization.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

OscarK
Extreme Employee

yes., but as you can assign vlans through the policy itself (pvid) you don't need VSA 211. Checkout table 114 in the userguide for vsa's supported with OnePolicy enabled.

Table 114: Supported Access-Accept Attributes for ONEPolicy

netjradm
New Contributor

yes i have configured one policy for the ap's ( Tagging multiple vlans and activate auth override)
So the VSA211 only works when there is no policy on the switch?

OscarK
Extreme Employee

Have you enabled policy (I assume so as you have dynamic authorization enabled) ?

If so, then EXOS does not honor VSA211, only the attributes mentioned in the userguide for policy and only if you enable maptable response both and vlanauthorization.

GTM-P2G8KFN