cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

find ip address alloted to a particular mac address by switch extreme summit x460-24t

find ip address alloted to a particular mac address by switch extreme summit x460-24t

sumeet
New Contributor
hi
we have extreme networks summit x460-24t switch
It is configured to allocate dhcp ip on vlan 101-400 of the type 172.16..<2-255>
How can I look into its MAC address table for specific mac address ?
example - my computer mac id is 6c-3b-e5-22-a9-19 .
so I want to know what IP this mac got without knowing the vlan.
I want to avoid command 'show vlan dhcp-address-allocation' .

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

how to import flexview is here. Once you have the flexview in your Extreme Management Center you can OneView -> Network -> choose your devices, right click -> View -> FlexView
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Can you say me how use this script in extreme managment server?
I don't try to view the list of alla ip connected to the all of 48 ports of my switch (b5 series and x450 series

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Sumeet, Yes, FDB will not show IP directly, but you can find VLAN. It can be usefull if client is wrong configured so it doesn't get IP and/or statically configured. As long as I know, the ARP is only works if the client is configured with IP of the right subnet, dynamically or statically. Anyway, I rather suggest to use DHCP server outside the switch. The switch can be used as DHCP relay. Linux based DHCP server log is more handy to analyze than the switch. Best regards,

BigRic
New Contributor III
Agreed and if I'm not mistaken, you can only show the IP ARP if the switch has an IP in that same VLAN.

sumeet
New Contributor
to Brad Parker
'show iparp' gives ip addresses allocated in default virtual router .
'show iparp ' is for looking at ip addresses allocated in other vr.
Thanks.

to Alexandr P
'show iparp ' is what I was looking for as it filters out other mac addresses.
Thanks.

to Mrxlazuardin
'show fdb' doesn't give ip info.
Didn't know fdb was forwarding database table of mac address (layer 2) and ports.

to Pala, Zdenek,
what is node alias ?
Also I don't know how to determine my XOS version .
GTM-P2G8KFN