cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy a config file from a Summit x460 to usb flash?

How do I copy a config file from a Summit x460 to usb flash?

Vince
New Contributor
How do I copy a config file from a Summit x460 to usb flash? When I run a cp (copy) command it doesn't give an error (cp primary.cfg memorycard extremepri.cfg), but when I try to do an ls memorycard, it says the usb drive isn't mounted and when I put the usb drive in my computer there is nothing there.
6 REPLIES 6

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Make sure that you are using fat32 file format on your USB drive then you need single command i.e "mv test.cfg memorycard", this will move test.cfg file to USB drive.

yes, then use only command "mv test.cfg memorycard" to copy test.cfg file to USB drive.

Thanks Sumit, I think not having fat32 on the USB drive was my problem.

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Vince

Try looking up this command "tftp"
"tftp [host-name | ip-address] {-v vr_name} [-g | -p] [{-l [internal-memory local-"
"file-internal | memorycard local-file-memcard | local-file} {-r remote-file} | {- r remote-file} {-l [internal-memory local-file-internal | memorycard local-file-"
"memcard | local-file]}]" in the EXOS_Command_reference_Guide _15_4 it should start in page 316.

There is a big writeup on using the USB slot. The command reference guide can be downloaded from the main web site www.extremenetworks.com documentation.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions

Thanks
P

GTM-P2G8KFN