cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set X440-24p back to Factory Default?

How do I set X440-24p back to Factory Default?

Jason_Weems
New Contributor II
So I setup this new out-of-box switch, I set the admin password, but I can no longer get into it. I obviously set the password to something that I can't seem to replicate. Anyways I am trying to set the switch back to factory default but I am not able to. I go into the bootloader by holding the space bar a the appropriate time. From there all documentation states to perform a config none command and reboot. Well this command is not accepted, it doesn't recognize the 'config' command. I have called TAC and they sent me the same documentation in which I have already read. I have not disabled the failsafe-account, but still has default username and password, but I don't know what they are. There is conflicting documentation on this, TAC stated that has to be manually set, other documentation states TAC has a utility to determine the creds for me. So what is the real deal here????? Getting frustrated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jason_Cohenour1
New Contributor II
Thank you for the help, I've trolled around and viewed the folllowing:
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/how_do_you_reset_a_summit_x005F_x450a_24t_to_fa...
I am DL 15.3.4.6 now to upgrade XOS

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Jason_Cohenour1
New Contributor II
I just DL version that was on switch from factory because I already have SSH, summitX-15.3.1.4-patch1-19.xos and it seems to work good for us so far.

I followed your instructions and so far it is WORKING LIKE A CHAMP, formatting partitions / etc. Soon it will be good as new.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !
It is nice to have Extreme employees helping us in the dead of night.

All up and running !!

Jason_Cohenour1
New Contributor II
Thank you for the help, I've trolled around and viewed the folllowing:
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/how_do_you_reset_a_summit_x005F_x450a_24t_to_fa...
I am DL 15.3.4.6 now to upgrade XOS

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Execute below command from bootrom,
1)Connect the PC which has TFTP server application running to the management port and type via CLI:

configip ipaddress gateway

{NOTE: gateway ipaddress is TFTP server}

2)type via CLI: showip

{NOTE: confirmS ipaddress of switch’s management port}

3) type via CLI: download image

{NOTE: ipaddress is TFTP server; filename is XOS image being downloaded}

Our team has decided to put it back config none command in new bootrom as many customers are requesting for the same.

Please get new bootrom after calling Extreme TAC.

GTM-P2G8KFN