cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block LSA in ospf on L3 within same area?

How to block LSA in ospf on L3 within same area?

Shireesh_Javkhe
New Contributor
We have 6 extreme summit L3 460x switches in OSPF. One of them is connected to ISP. We want to block route advertisement of one subnet to ISP.
5 REPLIES 5

Henrique
Extreme Employee
I believe the challenge is to avoid the routes to be advertised to the ISP. If that's true, the import policy would prevent the route to be added to the routing table, but the ISP would still see/receive those routes...

Shireesh, please share your thoughts so we can help you accordingly.

Thanks

Kevin_Kim
Extreme Employee
Hi,

To ensure that OSPF calculates best routes without causing any l3 routing loop, OSPF Routers should have the same picture of routing topology within the same area. I think the import policy could be an option to control OSPF routes within the same area in the case that you want to prevent particular ospf routes from being installed in the routing table.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi,

If the idea is to control LSA advertisement within the same area, using inter-area filter would not take effect since that would block only LSA Type-3 advertisement. The same is true for external-policy (Type-5), export policy (used for redistribution purpose) or even import policy that will take any action after receiving the LSA and before adding that to the routing table.

Unfortunately I guess there is not CLI to address this need (control OSPF routes within the same area). Hope someone can provide an alternative.

Naresh
Extreme Employee
Hi Shireesh,

Please find the article “How to selectively filter routes in OSPF” using below link:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-selectively-filter-or-manipulate-ro...

Note: please test it before implementing on production switch.

GTM-P2G8KFN