cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure EAPS with CFM/OAM?

How to configure EAPS with CFM/OAM?

PeterK
Contributor III
How can I configure CFM/OAM basicly between 2 switches and together with EAPS for faster ring recovery, when I have a thrid-party switch in ring?
I read user/concept guide, command reference guide and older ENA/ENS Guides, but this doesn't help my.
Can some post a list of commands I need to use?
17 REPLIES 17

PeterK
Contributor III
Whats the best way for faster ring-restore than default, if a 3rd party switch is in ring?

Using CFM OR modifing hello-paket-send sequence and setting failtime-expiry action?

PeterK
Contributor III
Thanks Erik,
youre right...
configure cfm domain "eaps" association "eaps-cfm" ports 24 end-point down ccm disable
that was the problem on the x460g1...on my x440g1 it was enabled by default...

but "enable cfm" isn't available. 😉

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Is your third party switch configured to pass the control vlans for your two rings through tagged ?? I would make sure you get two complete healthy rings first with no CFM in play then add the CFM config

Yes, EAPS and CFM should first be implemented and verified independently.

PeterK
Contributor III
Hi,

I tested in my Lab, without sucsess.
One Ring is in failed state and the other is "Links-Down".
The Ports on both Switches has primary port in one ring and secondary port in other ring to the 3rd party device (in my lab a D2-Switch) and on the other side the ports for the rings are crosswise to the first...

Is it possible, that end-point "down" is the wrong state in my case...

Here a quick design-map:

4314dac8d67d44e3b6cff5f364599d5c_RackMultipart20160512-37385-1b9wz5t-eaps_mlag_design_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN