cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure two vlan in one switch to communicate without using the tagging port

How to configure two vlan in one switch to communicate without using the tagging port

zahirtalib
New Contributor
Hi Guys,

I want to know it is possible to configure two vlan in one switch to communicate without using the tagging port?

18 REPLIES 18

Dennis_Newman
New Contributor
Great article, and I think I understand most of it, but am very new to vlans and am still learning.
Trying to communicate between vlan 10 client 1 with ip 10.10.10.xx (internet gateway 10.10.10.1) and vlan 20 client 2 with ip 192.168.3.xx (internet gateway 192.168.3.1)
so I'm not quite positive what to put in my "configure vlan v10 ipaddress" and "configure vlan v20 ipaddress" to still allow the two clients to access their internet connections.

Thanks
Dennis

zahirtalib
New Contributor
Hi All,

Thanks You!!!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I like it 

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Hello everyone,

I added more detail to the gtacknowledge article that Jan Jetten-Kalthoff referenced to. Let me know what you think.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-enable-inter-VLAN-routing-in-EXOS/

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you check whether the client in VLAN 20 has 192.168.3.251 configured as his default gateway and the client in VLAN 10 use 192.168.7.1 as default gateway ?

Could you ping the clients in the different subnets from the switch ?

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN