Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NetConf supported by Summit X440-8t?

Is NetConf supported by Summit X440-8t?

tonywearme
New Contributor
Hi community,

We recently bought several Summit X440-8t switches. Right now I'm trying to perform some configuration tasks via NetConf protocol. NetConf is listed as a supported feature of Summit switches:
http://itconnection.currentanalysis.com/COMPETE/Integrations/EITC/static/products/p48-396-87095.aspx

But I can't find "NetConf" anywhere in the official user guide "ExtremeXOS-15.5-User-Guild.pdf". Also, I tried to telnet the switch with the default TCP port (830) of NetConf, but no response from the switch.

Is this feature supported or not?

Thanks,
Eric

7 REPLIES 7

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
OpenFlow is a license enabled XMOD EXOS feature. To use OpenFlow, the OpenFlow XMOD must beinstalled and a switch specific OpenFlow license must be enabled.

Yes. X440 do support Openflow and AVB feature with the license and Min EXOS 15.3

tonywearme
New Contributor
Thanks Paul! I didn't expect someone respond so quickly.

I'm working on a research project and I'm concerned about the AVB feature. I saw that OpenFlow is supported on x440-8t, right? So is it possible to configure switches via OpenFlow with regard to AVB (e.g., explicit routes for schedule traffic, best effort traffic routing)?

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Eric

I clicked on your link and didnt see any reference to NETCONF so I can comment on that information but as of right now we do not support NETCONF. We do support XML.

Can you provide a little more information for what you are requiring and I can run it past PLM?

Thanks
P
GTM-P2G8KFN