cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Lost through console

Management Lost through console

Marlon_Porras_C
New Contributor II
Hello Community , I would like to know if some of you have ever experienced a problem when configuring through the console that sometimes it doesn't respond and you must reboot the switch in oder to have again the console CLI working. Do you know a way to fix this behavior in the switch? could it be a compatibility problem with the terminal emulator software that i use (PuTTy)? . I recently have this problem with a customer , the switch model is a summit X670-G2 with 15.6.3.1 firmware and also it happened with a summit X670-G2 with 15.3.3.5 patch 1-9 firmware. SInce they want to use these switches as Core , it's very difficult to explain them why this happened . I Hope that my description is clear enough , perhaps there is some grammar mistakes since english is not my native language , just let me know if you need some details . Kind Regards!
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Sarah, Thank you for sharing me that experiencie , I had that problem few times too , but with stand-alone switches . Also i got another similar issue before , we lost remote connection to a summit X460-48t that is located in a datacenter , the servers connected to it were working fine , no issues in the network , but we just couldn't have access to the switch remotely , so we had to go the datacenter and check the switch , there we found that problem with the console too that it wasn't responding . At the end we just reboot the switch and it fixed the issue. I opened a case with the GTAC support but there was any log in relation with the event , only the reboot log .

Marlon_Porras_C
New Contributor II
Hello Andrew, Yes , i did that test with other switch and the console connection was working fine . I was doing a Lab with the customer so they also used their own console cable and got the same results , at the end we had to reboot the switch. Marlon

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
Marlon,

When facing the issues with console access have we tested the console connection with other switches to confirm the issue isn't with the console cable or PC?

Andrew
GTM-P2G8KFN