cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicasting - Freezing

Multicasting - Freezing

Waqas_Naeem
New Contributor II
I am connecting TRIAX STB A235-N1x-hd setup box with X440 switch and also the receiver to do L2 multicasting but it freezes after 4-5 minutes and resumes once I restart the setup box. I tried disconnecting/connecting the cable from switch and restarting the switch but it does'nt work. I have to restart the setup box to resume the freeze. I also tried changing the timers of igmp and igmp snooping but in vain. Please help
11 REPLIES 11

True that AlexandrP but then they should see it spread across all content and not just fast moving sports content.... "There are few channel which is facing pixelation problem specially sports channel (fast moving)." IGMP and networks switches do not as a rule pick out a specific data stream to mess with unless they are asked to.

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi, EtherMAN!

I'm not actually agree with you.
Problems with igmp can be cause for pixelation too.
Burst and drops can lead to the pixelation.

Thank you!

Waqas_Naeem
New Contributor II
Got it thanks; problem resolved after configuring the IP address on default vlan. Now one more thing, pixelation. There are few channel which is facing pixelation problem specially sports channel (fast moving). Please advise

JS4
Extreme Employee
Do you have an igmp querier for vlan default ? If it is a single switch, do you have an ip address configured for vlan default (which will act as igmp querier)?

Waqas_Naeem
New Contributor II

af315654f6414cccacfdbbe1f1e06264_RackMultipart20151027-22699-1us6aom-List_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN