cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide support for stacking nomenclature when not stacked

Provide support for stacking nomenclature when not stacked

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III

Maybe it’s there and I’m missing it. I would LOVE to have EXOS give you an option to use stacking nomenclature on non-stacked switches! We enable stacking all of the time, just to keep our configs consistent regardless of the environment we’re in. The problem is that we lose the stacking ports (especially in SFP+ stacked environments). It would be so much easier if you could always just treat the first unstacked switch as SLOT1 (even when by itself). Anyone else find this a bit annoying? Seems like it would be a fairly simple fix...

14 REPLIES 14

BradP
Extreme Employee

Yeah, checked an unstacked switch, if you have one available. We don’t want people to not have the SLOT:PORT nomenclature if the units are stacked.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III

Perhaps it does not show if you’re in a stack already? There is no “configure system” option at all. Checked another client running 30.4, but they’re stacked too. The “show management” does list the current value, but can’t find a way to change it (grep’d a detailed config too - nothing there).

BradP
Extreme Employee

Odd. The Command Reference definitely says it should be in there.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_commands_30.6/GUID-CDDECF07-3204-4393-B4F4-216D1379B0...

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III

Drew, I’d like to buy you a beer! However… We don’t get a “configure system” option in our X620’s running 30.3. C’mon man, hook me up! What’s the secret?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

I think configure system ports notation in EXOS 30.2 is what you’re looking for!

GTM-P2G8KFN