cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QoS help - non voice related

QoS help - non voice related

treese
Contributor

I have a site connected with a transparent LAN circuit with minimal bw.  We just deployed some servers that sync across the link but saturates the connection sometimes.  The traffic is mostly SSL .  I need to configured some traffic control and believe the best way to do this is to configure qp2 and qp3 and create an ACL with the 2 sources and single destination for the attributes then assign to the correct qp and physical port on the switch.  If this is the recommended way to do this I would like to know.  Also I’m having trouble understanding the min and max bandwidth.  I plan on applying the config ingress too.  If I give each source a minimum of 20 and max of 50 then essentially the pipe could be over subscribed if both source servers kicked off at the same time.  The sync are not on a schedule.

configure qosprofile QP2 minbw 20 maxbw 50 ports 1:1
configure qosprofile QP3 minbw 20 maxbw 50 ports 2:1

entry WEB1-QP2 {
if match all {
    source-address 2.2.2.2/32 ;
    destination-address 1.1.1.1/32 ;
}
then {
    qosprofile QP2 ;
}
}
entry WEB2-QP3 {
if match all {
    source-address 3.3.3.3/32 ;
    destination-address 1.1.1.1/32 ;
}
then {
    qosprofile QP3 ;
}
}

The devices on each end are 440’s and we do have other traffic traversing the link.  These 2 servers are the ones that saturate the link but other traffic is important and don’t want to degrade the remaining traffic.  This traffic is not voice related.  If you could point me to the right solution or forum and have suggestions it would be most appreciated.  Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

treese
Contributor

app server query’s db on the local side from remote side.

treese
Contributor

This untagged traffic comes in thru load balancers and is SSL.  I don’t see much differences in the traffic except for the Source and destination IP’s.  Its hard for me to differentiate between the traffic to classify which would get priority.  I just need the 2 heavy hitters to only use a certain percentage of the pipe.

treese
Contributor
92b63ed63b2646bb83c8c2f04dd32640_ba141fad-765b-480b-97d3-688572065fc4.png

treese
Contributor

Thought about this a bit more.  The 2 ASA’s connect to the 440 stack at 100Mb ports. I can apply here then the the fiber circuit would benefit from the change.  I’ll attach a diagram.

GTM-P2G8KFN