cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to EXOS access-lists

Questions to EXOS access-lists

M_Nees
Contributor III
I am working with Extreme ACLs based on current EXOS Firmware - 16.2 or 21.1. i have some question during the daily business tasks with ACLs.

If i do a changes on the .pol file, how can i do a reload of the new policy file - how let the changes go active?
Currently i unconfigure these ACL from all ports and re-configure it again. I am looking for a smarter way.

How can i get a policy/ACL on several switches equal if some changes are necessary? I play aroud with copy the files via WinSCP (later via Netsight scripts) but this has some strange effects. (For example if i overwrite an existing file). Any suggestions?

I use an ACL for mirroring specific traffic to a port. One rule have "mirror;" as action-modifier. And then i "enable mirror to port x".
That works fine - i have only one instance per switch to mirror.
But what can i do if i want to have 2 or more independent ACL-based mirrors on the same switch? The ACL action "mirror" have no clue to a specific mirror instance. Are there a special trick - or is this a current EXOS limitation ?

Thanks a lot for anybody who can help me to my questions.

Regards,
Matthias
7 REPLIES 7

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi, Matthias! If I understand right - policy manager its part of NMS NetSight where you can map policy to many managing switches. Also (as workaround) you can copy 1 policy file to all switches and enable this policy file with script which run it at the same time. Thank you!

Hi Brandon,

in some older emails i found a tool from Extreme Networks, called "Extreme Networks Policy Manager" to manage ACLs.
Do you know that tool ?
If yes, is this official supported?
Is it working with current 16.x and 2x.x EXOS Versions.

Regards,
Matthias

Thanks a lot for answering my questiosn so fast.
GTM-P2G8KFN