cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions with the arp values in the Exos datasheet.

Questions with the arp values in the Exos datasheet.

Terry_Yang
New Contributor III

Hi Sirs

I have some questions for exos datasheet .

What is the value of ARP table on the datasheet ?

I just only watch IPv4 Hosts: - with min LPM IPv4 entries: 72K max

but on the releasenote .it shows 74,000 as below picture

Terry_Yang_0-1676261656731.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

If calculating 1 k = 1024, then 72 k becomes 72 x 1024 = 73 728, close to 74 000. I suspect that may be the reason. If you are anywhere near that limit, you may well bump into problems even before the limit as the hashing of MAC entries is rarely evenly distributed. If you need more than 60 k MACs, talk to your Extreme SE about it.

show forwarding hardware-utilization  can show you how utilized the various tables are.

configure forwarding internal-tables more l2  configures the switch to allocate more room for L2 MAC at the expense of L3 entries.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

Sorry, didn't read properly. You want more L3 space and probably can spare some L2 entries. You probably want this:

configure forwarding internal-tables more l3-and-ipmc

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_31.5/GUID-EB02FF99-665B-48CB-A94C-43ADF5471FD1.shtml

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

If calculating 1 k = 1024, then 72 k becomes 72 x 1024 = 73 728, close to 74 000. I suspect that may be the reason. If you are anywhere near that limit, you may well bump into problems even before the limit as the hashing of MAC entries is rarely evenly distributed. If you need more than 60 k MACs, talk to your Extreme SE about it.

show forwarding hardware-utilization  can show you how utilized the various tables are.

configure forwarding internal-tables more l2  configures the switch to allocate more room for L2 MAC at the expense of L3 entries.

GTM-P2G8KFN