cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run vm xos on vmware workstation 11

run vm xos on vmware workstation 11

Sofiane_ould_Mo
New Contributor
Hi All, I tried to set up a new virtual switch xos (xos 21.x)on vmware workstation 11 so I managed to get it installed but the network interfaces seem not te be UP although the are connected. I know that xos vm is supported on EXSi but what about workstation ? Is there any limitation du to the network type (E1000) ? thank you for your help !
9 REPLIES 9

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
fwiw, I have created a whole virtual lab setup on virtualbox, scripting both topologies (up to 8 interfaces per VM) and config. Works like a charm on the with the latest version of VB (5.1) and EXOS.

M_Nees
Contributor III
Thanks a lot for that thread - this helps me using EXOS virtual on vm workstation.

Darren_Saliva
New Contributor
I never tried to use it in vmware workstation but i have created EXOS VMs using Oracle's VirtualBox and the same thing would happen and i would have to run the script to add extra interfaces every time it happened. It happened so many times that i finally stopped using VirtualBox and installed my VMs in ESXi using vswitch to connect my VMs and I no longer have that issue. With ESXi you can also have up to 10 interfaces on a VM which helped me out for what i was doing in my lab.

I have tried to installed XOS VM on VMWARE workstation and the interface will never come up no matter what. I did try to edit .vmx file but still failed. Using virtualbox, on the other hand, can perfectly run the VM. I also tried to run the VM on KVM, for first time installation, it failed to mount the flashdrive. But i tried to install the VM using virtualbox and import the image to KVM, it works perfectly
GTM-P2G8KFN