cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

setup vlans one for ip's for phones and the other for ip's for the computer

setup vlans one for ip's for phones and the other for ip's for the computer

Neil_Smith
New Contributor
hello I am seeing a lot of different information about setting up vlans. i would like to setup vlans on extreme switch summit 250e 24port. I would like to have as much ports in the vlans as possible, is there an article or video that steps me through this?
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Neil,

The configuration of the switch depends solely on how you would like to leave the switch configured. If you would like to be able to just plug in a device and have it work then you can configure all the ports with the configuration Syed mentioned. If you would like to configure the ports as something is plugged in then only configure the ports you are planning on using. The first option will only work if you plan on having only two vlans, one for phones and one for PCs, printers, and APs (Data vlan).

actually no the a/p's will be on the same subnet as the pc's

Based off the information you provided earlier half the ports would be plenty for your pcs and phones. Sounds like you may be planning on having some APs in the mix as well. Are these going to be put into there own VLAN? All of this configuration can be changed at any point to allow for growth or changes in the network.

Hi Voss, thank your for your feedback, how come half the ports? I was thinking 5 through 24. I have the virtual switch, I've been playing around with that but it is limited.

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi, Neil!

In the Internet there is a lot of information about configure Extreme's switches to work with VoIP.
Foe example - http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/5a44e4b4-d5c4-4b51-8a8e-58bdb7326fc6

Avaya give a lot of examples - config guides.

Thank you!
GTM-P2G8KFN