cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show ports vlan name?

show ports vlan name?

MichaelM1
New Contributor II

When I run the show ports no-refresh command I see all my listed and when I look down the VLAN column some of my ports list a reference number (not the VLAN id) and others show the actual VLAN Name associated to it.

This switch was setup by an engineer that is no longer here and I cant seem to figure out how he got the VLAN Name to show instead of this obscure reference number.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IT_Guy
New Contributor II
Some ports are assigned to multiple VLANs, in which case you will see a reference to the number of VLANs the respective port is assigned to, instead of the name (or ID) assigned to the VLAN. I.e., if a port is assigned to 4 different VLANs, you'll see a 004 reference

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nico_Lueck
New Contributor II
Also a good one is show ports vlan description, here you'll see the vlan name, vlan id and the info tagged/untagged.

gacpac
New Contributor
I think the command you are looking for is "show port vlan" (it shows the name of vlan) or "show port vid"  (it shows the vlan number)

IT_Guy
New Contributor II
Some ports are assigned to multiple VLANs, in which case you will see a reference to the number of VLANs the respective port is assigned to, instead of the name (or ID) assigned to the VLAN. I.e., if a port is assigned to 4 different VLANs, you'll see a 004 reference
GTM-P2G8KFN