Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Query Extreme-Stacking OIDs not found

SNMP Query Extreme-Stacking OIDs not found

basti
New Contributor
Hi,

actually i try to monitor the summit stack health for some of our x440-g2 switches in PRTG. For that i downloaded the 22.3.1.4_MIB file, splitted it up with the "Paessler MIB Splitting Tool" and extracted the Extreme-Stacking-MIB with the "Paessler MIB Importer" tool as OIDLIB-file. When i try to make an snmp-walk over this OIDLIB using "Paessler SNMP Tester", it only finds one accessible OID:

1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.33.1.0: EXTREME-STACKING-MIB|extreme stackable|extreme stack detection

35276930191a4fa7abe9bacc2d9daa1d_7190f0c1-d718-4239-af75-ca4223f2dedc.png

But i would like to access 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.33.2.1.3 (extremeStackMemberOperStatus). What am i doing wrong? Are there any additionally switch-side permissions to set?

1. SNMPv3-Credentials seem to be right (reading uptime and interface statistics is working perfectly)
  2. Switch: X440-G2-48p-10G4
  3. Image: 22.3.1.4
  4. SNMP config:
code:
configure snmpv3 add user "SNMPv3User" engine-id 80:00:07:7c:03:02:04:96:9e:3f:fe authentication sha auth-encrypted localized-key xxx privacy aes 128 privacy-encrypted localized-key yyy
configure snmpv3 add group "v1v2cNotifyGroup" user "v1v2cNotifyUser1" sec-model snmpv2c
configure snmpv3 add group "v3group" user "SNMPv3User" sec-model usm
configure snmpv3 add access "v3group" sec-model usm sec-level priv read-view "defaultAdminView" write-view "defaultAdminView" notify-view "defaultAdminView"
configure snmpv3 add community "V2c-Trap" name "V2c-Trap" user "v1v2c_ro"
configure snmpv3 add community "private" name "private" user "v1v2c_rw"
configure snmpv3 add community "public" name "public" user "v1v2c_ro"
configure snmpv3 add community "v1v2cNotifyComm1" name "V2c-Trap" user "v1v2cNotifyUser1"
enable snmp access
disable snmp access snmp-v1v2c
enable snmp access snmpv3
disable snmpv3 default-group
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I've enabled stacking/stacking-support on my X440G2 running 22.3.1.4 and could access all the stacking MIB objects with my XMC MIB browser.

The thing is you've mentioned X440G2 in the initial post but the later CLI output is from a X450.

-Ron

FredrikB
Contributor II
Hi Basti!

Configuring for stacking even if stand-alone is something I've seen at some large customer too, mainly because you lose the config when enabling stacking in Extreme. I previously looked into the stacking traps and OIDs, but it seemed incomplete at the time. I had to monitor both the status of the stack links and the slot status to cover all cases, otherwise you could lose a stack link and not know until the next link failed. Also, a slot reboot was not easily detected unless polling quite frequently as I could (at the time) find no trap for that. I think you could not even see the uptime for individual slots via SNMP, so CLI was the only way IIRC.

/Fredrik

basti
New Contributor
Hi Ron,

"show stacking":
code:
Slot-1 BE-S09-X450-01.6 # show stacking
Stack Topology is a Daisy-Chain
Active Topology is a Daisy-Chain
Node MAC Address Slot Stack State Role Flags
------------------ ---- ----------- ------- ---
*00:04:96:a0:68:29 1 Active Master CA-
* - Indicates this node
Flags: (C) Candidate for this active topology, (A) Active Node
(O) node may be in Other active topology

The command "show stacking-support" is not available.

Note: We configure all our switches for stacking, even if they are planned to run standalone first.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you please run the following commands on 10.24.1.11 and post the output...

show stacking
show stacking-support

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN