cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subvlan not accessible across switches

Subvlan not accessible across switches

Michael_Goodlif
New Contributor II
Hi, I have two switches connect by a 3 port grouping. On each side, there is a vlan called Dedicated and the group is tagged 200 on each side.

One switch is an X450a-48t, this is connected to the outside world and has other networks etc. connected to it. The second switch is an X440-48t which is only connected via the 3 port group to the X450a-48t.

I have configured the IP address of the "Dedicated" vlan on the X440 side with an IP address x.x.x.1/24, this IP is pingable and accessable from the internet.

This "Dedicated" vlan is set up as a supervlan on the X440. I have a subvlan configured called "subvlan1" which is a subvlan of "Dedicated". "subvlan1" is set as a loopback vlan and has a server connected to it.

I have configured addresses from the x.x.x.0/24 range of the supervlan on the server, but the server has no external access past the gateway x.x.x.1/24. I can ping the gateway, but nothing beyond it.

The X450 also cannot ping the address of the server.

I am looking for help in getting the server connected to the subvlan to be accessable past the gateway. Can anyone help?

I can remove the server from the subvlan and connect it directly to the "Dedicated" vlan, and it works perfectly. However I want to be able to use the subvlan-address-range feature to restrict IP access on the server if possible.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
So the X440 should route from the deticated VLAN to the sub VLAN.
Has the X440 also a IP interface in the deticated VLAN ?
Is "enable ipforwarding" set on the X440 - during my XOS training I've learned that you'd to enable it every time you add a new VLAN.
Is OSPF enabled or did you add a static route to the sub VLAN on the X450
GTM-P2G8KFN