cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update firmware issue X440G2

Update firmware issue X440G2

Derek_Mayberry
New Contributor
I downloaded the newest firmware image that is "recommended" for this switch which is 21.1.3.7patch1-4

When I attempt to upload the firmware via tftp it connects fine and tries to start pulling the file but then I get an error.

Downloading to switch..Error:Failed to download image - Error: FILE IS NOT PROPERLY FORMATTED.

Well, the file is 21.1.3.7-patch1-4_MIB.xos I did download it originally from the extreme site as ".txt" and I just renamed its extension. Was that not correct to do? It won't upload as .txt as it doesn't see it as proper image.
5 REPLIES 5

Derek_Mayberry
New Contributor
Thanks guys. I got the 21.1.3.7 patch 1-7 installed now and working fine.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Welcome to The Hub, Derek! Glad we could help.

Tyler_Edwards
Extreme Employee
Hello Derek,

The file you downloaded was the MIB file for that version of EXOS. It does not contain the image of the firmware.

The file you want to download is summitX-21.1.3.7-patch1-4.xos . It will have the ".xos" extension originally.

Regards,

Tyler Edwards

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Derek, The MIB file is meant to be a text file - it's the MIB for use in an NMS. You need the actual
code:
summitX-21.1.3.7-patch1-4.xos
file to install it.
I'd suggest getting patch1-7 instead. The recommended releases document isn't updated to show it yet. patch1-11 should be out soon too.
GTM-P2G8KFN