cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN to act like a HUB ( no mac learning )

VLAN to act like a HUB ( no mac learning )

simon_bingham
New Contributor II
XoS, I wish to have a vlan act like hub in the MAC learning sense, I just wish it to flood all traffic to all ports in that vlan. this is because this vlan is reciving some mirrored traffic from a another vendors equipment and I have a remote packet capture device. the trunk links are shared so I cannot change the learning on a ports basis. really I need to turn of mac learning for a vlan.
Thanks in advance,
Simon
9 REPLIES 9

OscarK
Extreme Employee
You could use an ACL with as action redirect-vlan, then it will flood all matched traffic in that vlan.

Thanks Oscar

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Simon, As long as I know, mac learning is port based, not vlan based. FDB uses MAC learning for choosing which port such data should be forwarded to. Please refer to following URL. http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos/EXOS_21_1/FDB/t_managing-mac-address-learning.shtml Best regards,

Thanks for your response, I think this issue is if you are mirroring to vlan ( from some other device ) the port will see both the source and destinations, so in switch logic it will think " both those addresses are off that port " so I do not need to forward it all.

I think following statemen on that URL can suite your requirement. So just disable learning with forward-packets option to all ports belong to such VLAN.

If unicast, multicast, and broadcast packet from a source address is not present in the FDB , the packets is flooded.
GTM-P2G8KFN