cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which models support the configure sharing address-based custom function?

Which models support the configure sharing address-based custom function?

Terry_Yang
New Contributor III

I read the "Switch Engine™ Command Reference Guide - for Version 32.7.1." The guide states that the configure sharing address-based custom function supports the 5520 model.

The document states: "Platform Availability: This command is supported on the ExtremeSwitching 5520 platform."

I would like to confirm whether it only supports the 5520 model or if other models like 5420 or 5720 are also supported ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hi Terry,

I was able to create a LAG on both a 5420 and 5720 with the custom sharing algorithm with no warnings or errors.
That said, I was unable to fully test if this is working as described, but I suspect that it is.
I will note this potential documentation issue internally and have that updated as needed.

If you need a hard confirmation on if this is a supported feature or not, I recommend creating a case with GTAC where you can also track the status of any documentation or software changes resulting from this inquiry.

That said, if I am able to make any progress myself, I will update you in this thread.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hi Terry,

I was able to create a LAG on both a 5420 and 5720 with the custom sharing algorithm with no warnings or errors.
That said, I was unable to fully test if this is working as described, but I suspect that it is.
I will note this potential documentation issue internally and have that updated as needed.

If you need a hard confirmation on if this is a supported feature or not, I recommend creating a case with GTAC where you can also track the status of any documentation or software changes resulting from this inquiry.

That said, if I am able to make any progress myself, I will update you in this thread.

Terry_Yang
New Contributor III

Hi Sirs

Thank you very much for your reply.

We will also try it on 5420/5720 devices when we have time.

GTM-P2G8KFN