cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which OS type I should be selected on 5540 setting

Which OS type I should be selected on 5540 setting

Nobu
New Contributor

I would like to know which item I have to select when 5540 L3 switch setting. 

EXOS: Default

EXOS: Primary 32.3..

EXOS: Secondary 32.3..

EXOS: Primary 32.3.. with default configuration

EXOS: Secondary 32.3.. with default configuration

EXOS: Rescue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

just use the "default" then it will select the method that has been selected by the CLI..

In future there is no need to interrupt the boot-process at this stage as the switch will auto-select the one that is selected via the CLI (use image primary/secondary).

In your case both of the partitions use the same version, so it does not matter, but when upgrading for instance you would load different images into the different partitions.

The "with default configuration" options are to load the OS image without loading your configuration file, so under normal circumstances this should be avoided.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

just use the "default" then it will select the method that has been selected by the CLI..

In future there is no need to interrupt the boot-process at this stage as the switch will auto-select the one that is selected via the CLI (use image primary/secondary).

In your case both of the partitions use the same version, so it does not matter, but when upgrading for instance you would load different images into the different partitions.

The "with default configuration" options are to load the OS image without loading your configuration file, so under normal circumstances this should be avoided.

GTM-P2G8KFN