Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X440-G2-24x temperature

X440-G2-24x temperature

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hello, all!

I understand that "The Summit G2 series of switches and others running EXOS 21.x (or higher) monitor CPU temperature instead of ambient temperature and therefore may show slightly higher temperatures than other models."

But now I have X440-G2-24x with installed 8 transceivers and temperature is 80-82 degrees and fans with 2100 RPM..

Question - when it would be installed all transceivers, wouldn't temperature will be increased to critical limit?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredrikB
Contributor II

From time to time there are issues with fan speeds and temperature readings. Upgrade to the latest recommended version (the TAC will assist) and see if that helps. If not, smack it full with SFPs and see what happens  If it ends up over the limit, open a case for it. I suspect it will not get much hotter even if you populate all slots and not even if you pound the CPU with packets. If you have this in a lab you can just loop a few interfaces in the same VLAN to try it out. Plug in a Windows PC in the same VLAN and you’ll get plenty of braodcast and multicast packets to loop.

/Fredrik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FredrikB
Contributor II

From time to time there are issues with fan speeds and temperature readings. Upgrade to the latest recommended version (the TAC will assist) and see if that helps. If not, smack it full with SFPs and see what happens  If it ends up over the limit, open a case for it. I suspect it will not get much hotter even if you populate all slots and not even if you pound the CPU with packets. If you have this in a lab you can just loop a few interfaces in the same VLAN to try it out. Plug in a Windows PC in the same VLAN and you’ll get plenty of braodcast and multicast packets to loop.

/Fredrik

GTM-P2G8KFN