Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X440 port 52 as access

X440 port 52 as access

Mateusz_Haba
New Contributor
Hi,

Can I use ports 49-52 in summit x440 as regular access port?
My x440 has only 2 SFP ports on the front but they are already in use as LAG ports and I want to use one of 49-52 ports as access SFP links.

A few words more:
I want to use additional SFP port as access port to another switch (TP-Link). The reason for this, is that I have all my vlans created on extreme switch, but TP-Link is not managed by me and has only default vlan. All devices connected to TP-Link switch have IP addresses from one of Extreme switch vlans. So in theory it should work fine since access ports don't care 802.1Q frames, but it doesn't...
Port 52 on Extreme switch is in access mode with only 1 VLAN (let's say 19) set as untagged.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi!

Extreme's switches have no restrictions about using all their ports - access or uplink.
You can configure them as you want.

Just take in mind that optical ports 45-48 is shared with copper ports 45-48.

"My x440 has only 2 SFP ports on the front but they are already in use as LAG ports" - as I understand you talking about X440-G2-48t-10GE4? So why only 2 SFP ports on the from? It have to be 4 SFP ports.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
"connected interface (port 52) is not showing any traffic at all"
  • link in Up state?
  • what exactly type of SFP do you use?
  • If your TP-Link don't support this SFP - try another
Thank you!

Mateusz_Haba
New Contributor
Thanks for quick answer Alexandr.
Sorry, my mistake. You're right, X440-G2-48t-10GE4 has 4 SFP ports on the front. But, in this case it doesn't matter if I use port 52 or (free in my case) shared port 45 or 46. What else could prevent it from working, because connected interface (port 52) is not showing any traffic at all. SFP receiver is detected fine and shows DDM info. BTW the same receivers are used in SFP LAG ports. Might it be because TP-Link switch doesn't support this SFP receiver (on both ends are the same receivers).

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi!

Extreme's switches have no restrictions about using all their ports - access or uplink.
You can configure them as you want.

Just take in mind that optical ports 45-48 is shared with copper ports 45-48.

"My x440 has only 2 SFP ports on the front but they are already in use as LAG ports" - as I understand you talking about X440-G2-48t-10GE4? So why only 2 SFP ports on the from? It have to be 4 SFP ports.

Thank you!
GTM-P2G8KFN