cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x450-g2 stack port transceiver info

x450-g2 stack port transceiver info

Dustin_Willis
New Contributor

Is it possible to view the transceiver information (DDMI) for the stack ports on x450-g2?  Easy enough on normal SFPs.  

I have one switch (out of 7) that is losing stack links pretty regularly on one or both ports.  It also happens to take a different physical route through a couple of fiber patch locations that were done by a 3rd party unfamiliar to me, but at first glance, it's not all-star caliber splicing.  Hoping to see how it looks on tx/rx power levels without being forced to visit the site with an OTDR.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hi Dustin,

Since these ports are not normally accessible/configurable, you don't see their DDMI output in 'show port transceiver info detail'.

However, you should be able to get this information via the following non-service-impacting debug command:

debug hal show optic-info ddmi

The native stacking ports will be the highest number port reported (which won't exist in 'show port'). I believe the only other switch with a similar native stacking port scenario is the x465.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hi Dustin,

Since these ports are not normally accessible/configurable, you don't see their DDMI output in 'show port transceiver info detail'.

However, you should be able to get this information via the following non-service-impacting debug command:

debug hal show optic-info ddmi

The native stacking ports will be the highest number port reported (which won't exist in 'show port'). I believe the only other switch with a similar native stacking port scenario is the x465.

Hope that helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN