cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XoS in Vmware ESXi

XoS in Vmware ESXi

simon_bingham
New Contributor II
Quick question, can the virtual XOS image that seems to be designed for virtual box be made to run on Vmware ESXi, the reason for this request is we already have virtual versions of most vendor products, this can be connected together inside the ESXi Environment, this is great for training and simulating customer issues. However try as I might I cannot convert this to run in ESXi.

35 REPLIES 35

HED_Admin
New Contributor
Daniel,

That worked. I was able to login. Any advice about the NIC setup? I disabled all 3 NICs to get it to let me log in.

Regards,

Tom

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Tom,

I installed W11 to check and the fiirst thing that I notice is that VMs take waaaay longer to boot than under W10.

If you get the watchdog message, go to settings and uncheck the Connected box under Device Status for each network adapter. You may have a loop.

I personally use VirtualBox both under Windows and under OS X. I find it much more responsive and easier to configure. But, hey, that's just me...

HED_Admin
New Contributor
When I run the VM in workstation 11, I get a watchdog timeout that slowly increments and does not allow me to log in. Any ideas what this may be? Do I need to adjust my VM settings?

eyeV
New Contributor III
Wow!!! Is it really possible to run XOS as VM?

simon_bingham
New Contributor II
seems so awesome hey !
GTM-P2G8KFN