cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS version on the download and release notes page

XOS version on the download and release notes page

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'm not an expert on XOS but the version name of the software is very confusing on the download / release note page.

i.e. if I run a "sh version" the switch shows...
Image : ExtremeXOS version 22.4.1.4 by release-manager

Why does the download/release notes page show 22.4 or 21.1.4.Patch1-6.

Could we make it a X.X.X.X format like the output of "sh ver" or did I miss something here !?

Thanks,
Ron

Example:

5a3a77077de143ada5362d56edf2e1b4_RackMultipart20180508-94988-15vmrtt-XOS_release_version_inline.png

5a3a77077de143ada5362d56edf2e1b4_RackMultipart20180508-121870-83g7jv-XOS_release_version02_inline.png

8 REPLIES 8

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The "1-x" isn't always a 1. In the case of a customer-specific patch or demo version, we'll increment that number to tell us which customer it is for internally. Those versions aren't on the portal.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I think I was wrong on that detail and the switch was loaded with the main version and that was the reason for no patch information.

Still I find the -patch1-11 unnecessary, why not just name it patch11 at the end, I'd assume that there is no patch 3-7 = all start with patch1-x and that would mean the 1- is dispensable.

just my 2 cents

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Is that rocket science because it's sounds far to complicated to me.

Instead of 22.3.1.1-patch1-8 just name it 22.3.1.1.8 everywhere = on the switch, download, release notes.

Thanks for the build number link - I get it now, someone came up with this "special" format and there is no way to change it because that would irritate long time XOS users.

-Ron

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I bet Christina Mayr will chime in here when she has some time... If not, I'll ask if she can comment on the release notes piece.

Regarding the portal, we dropped the build number because it's never been used on the portal in the past and doesn't change for subsequent patch releases. I do the software posts for EXOS on the portal... if you want it there, I can start adding it 
GTM-P2G8KFN