Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme 7720 series SNMP issue

Extreme 7720 series SNMP issue

esoz
New Contributor

Hi All,

I'm currently attempting to monitor an Extreme 7720-36C Switch via SNMP protocol using Zabbix. I've successfully added the host, but I'm encountering difficulties in monitoring its status. Upon checking the device with snmpwalk, I received the message "iso.3.6.1.2.1 = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)." Could someone please assist me in identifying what might be causing this issue? I've enabled SNMPv3 as per the documentation, but it appears there may be missing MIBs. I've come across a file named "7720.9.0.2.0_mib_sup.txt" on the portal, but I'm uncertain how to integrate it into the switch. Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly in advance for any help you can provide!

5 REPLIES 5

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

Have you tried SNMP v2 just to see what OIDs you can get? If that works, you may actually have a problem with the SNMPv3 setup and not SNMP in general.

Bill_Handler
Contributor II

Esoz,

To add to FredrikB-NN's post, the mib file you downloaded is for the SNMP tool you're using (Zabbix) so that you have the private MIBs for the switch - it does not need to be applied to the switch itself.

Thank you for the clarification. I initially thought that the MIB file didn't need to be applied to the switch, but It feels like I'm cooking from water, with no tangible progress at the moment. However, currently, I'm facing a situation where I'm unable to get any response from the switch, even when using snmpwalk or Zabbix with the correct SNMPv3 credentials. 

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

What is your "view" definition? It will restrict (or not) the OIDs available for you to see. Also, an snmpwalk [all the options you need] IP 1 will give you a full walk of all trees available for you, standard, enterprise and special. The 1 indicated the start if the iso.x.y.z.

GTM-P2G8KFN