cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I troubleshoot the poe switch. all ports suddenly shut down.

How can I troubleshoot the poe switch. all ports suddenly shut down.

Resolut1on
Contributor
How can I troubleshoot the poe switch. all ports suddenly shut down. the main problem is it was stacked to other switches. I don't know how to configure it in master slot 1. or are I going to pull out the defective switch then how to troubleshoot the poe all ports not giving power to poe devices.
Thanks for your help. have a great day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Newbie,

Regarding the config none command didn't work is due to:-
In one of the Bootrom version this feature has been removed - BootRom vers - 2.0.2.1.xtr. I suspect, you might be running on this version - 2.0.2.1.xtr.
If you type in show version, it would tell you the BootRom version running on the switch.
This feature has been added back in the latest BootRom version - 2.0.2.3.xtr

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Newbie,

Regarding the config none command didn't work is due to:-
In one of the Bootrom version this feature has been removed - BootRom vers - 2.0.2.1.xtr. I suspect, you might be running on this version - 2.0.2.1.xtr.
If you type in show version, it would tell you the BootRom version running on the switch.
This feature has been added back in the latest BootRom version - 2.0.2.3.xtr

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Newbie,

- How did you remove the suspected switch from the stack? If i am correct, you just disconnected the stacking cables for the suspected switch. Is that correct?

• Connect the suspected switch back to the stack and connect the stacking cables. Once the suspected switch is back in the stack.
  • From the Master node you would need to execute disable stacking node-address
  • Power-off or reboot only the suspected switch.
  • Disconnect the stacking cables.
  • Now console into the suspected switch and collect the requested outputs for the PoE Failure?
Once you have the outputs collected from the switch. Please open a case with GTAC so we could analyze the logs.

Resolut1on
Contributor
I pulled out a switch from stacking it is a STANBY mode. But now this is the scenario. (pending-AAA) login: Warning: the stack has no Master node and all active nodes are operating with master-capability turned off. If you wish to reconfigure, you may log in using the failsafe account. Alternatively, you may use the special login 1. I tried many times the "REBOOT AS MASTER-CAPABLE" but again it nothing happen it did not resolve. 2. I tried also went into the bootroom and executed the command "Config none" but command is not accepted, it doesn't recognize the 'config' command. Please help. Thanks

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
It's probably failed POE. I believe it's a circuit on the switch so the entire switch has to be RMA'd

Things to look for thru the logs to confirm:

sh Slot-1 .1 # sh log mes nv
Erro:HAL.Card.Error> Slot-1: bcmPseReceiveMessageString: timed out

Slot-1 COHA_2217.2 # sh inline-power

Inline Power System Information
Configured : Enabled
Power Usage Threshold : 70 percent (per slot)
Disconnect Precedence : deny-port

You can also run extended diagnostics which after the switch runs the test and reboot, you can do show diagnostics and the slot will show failed POE if it doesnt' pass.

GTM-P2G8KFN