cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I troubleshoot the poe switch. all ports suddenly shut down.

How can I troubleshoot the poe switch. all ports suddenly shut down.

Resolut1on
Contributor
How can I troubleshoot the poe switch. all ports suddenly shut down. the main problem is it was stacked to other switches. I don't know how to configure it in master slot 1. or are I going to pull out the defective switch then how to troubleshoot the poe all ports not giving power to poe devices.
Thanks for your help. have a great day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Newbie,

Regarding the config none command didn't work is due to:-
In one of the Bootrom version this feature has been removed - BootRom vers - 2.0.2.1.xtr. I suspect, you might be running on this version - 2.0.2.1.xtr.
If you type in show version, it would tell you the BootRom version running on the switch.
This feature has been added back in the latest BootRom version - 2.0.2.3.xtr

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Gerald,

There are few things which you need to check:-

• What are the End-devices that are connected to the affected ports?
• What are the suspected PoE ports which aren’t working?
• Have you tried resetting the inline power on the suspected using “reset inline-power ports port_list” or disabled and re-enabled the inline power?
• After performing the above steps, please share the below-mentioned outputs once again
o show inline-power
o show inline-power info ports port_list

To rule out hardware related issues, please run an extended diagnostic test on the suspected switch “run diagnostics extended” and then provide the output of “show diagnostic”.

Note: - Running Diagnostics will disrupt network traffic, please schedule a MW to perform the activity.

Gerald,

Once you have the outputs collected from the switch. Please open a case with GTAC so we could analyze the logs.

Hi,

Thanks for quick response.
The connected devices are VOIP telephony. I have 24 ports poe switch. suddenly all ports not gives power. but the switch is working.

The defective switch is on stacked slot 3 so I need to pull out it first, because I don't know how to config it through master slot 1.

After I pulled out it from stacked I will give you the outputs of show inline-power and try to disable and enable inline-power.

Thanks.
GTM-P2G8KFN