Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports denied power

Ports denied power

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey all,

We had a power outage and when everything came back on, my Extreme Switch boots, and reads uplink (port 10) but ports 1 & 7 where items were plugged in, no longer work. I ran SH Tech, and it says that Ports 1 & 7 are being denied power. 

What should I do fi fix this switch? I checked the outlet with an outlet tester and power is fine. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Also to add @StephanH - I tried a few other things and still nothing. I’m going to contact Extreme and file and RMA. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey @StephanH , 

Tomorrow I’m going back to the location with the Extreme Switch to try all of this. 

1. First I’ll reconnect everything and try each device one by one to see if one device is bad. I know the door controller was fried by lightning previously so that could be part of the problem. 
  2. If the problem continues I’ll try to turn POE off then on by the command disable inline-power port 1 then use command enable inline-power port 1, and retry. 
  3. If problems persist I’ll report back here (again THANK YOU) for your help with all of this. 
  4. At worst I’ll see about sending the switch back to Extreme 

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

As first step you can check logs. But if there is no PoE client you will not see an log entry.

Regards Stephan

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

StephanH,

I’ll try that right now. I took the switch home with me so I don't have anything to plug in but I think if I run the commands from above you gave me, and then retested with SH TECH, that should be enough?

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

Yes with that command you can enable/disable poe for a specific port.

Regards Stephan

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

I have not tried that. 

So I can connect to the switch and then the command is simply, disable inline-power port 1? And then reenable, enable inline-power port 1 ? 

GTM-P2G8KFN