Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS6000 - cfgd process 66%, total CPU load 92%+

RFS6000 - cfgd process 66%, total CPU load 92%+

Chris35
New Contributor
Hey,
We are currently running an RFS6000 5.8.3.6.
It has been noted that there has been degraded performance of AP's losing heartbeat on our network. I believe the 6000 is licenced for 256 AP's give or take.

When digging around, the cfgd process sits at 60%+ most of the day, and the total CPU usage sits at around 92%+ all day.

I have read that on WM3000's that cdp can cause this if the switches connected to AP's are not running cdp, causing broadcasts out of all ports, eventually reaching the 3000 and causing high CPU.

Anybody else had this issue? I wouldn't think it should be running at this rate all day..

AP71XX, AP7562's, total of around 130.
9 REPLIES 9

Roger. There definately isnt any 'no lldp ?" line present on the config for the AP or RFS. Perhaps this is something to try out.

Not sure about that. The problem might be LLDP.

The guide says to disable both in the AP Profile if you're having issues.

no cdp run
no lldp run

From what i understand on all our AP's, we have put the lines "no cdp receive / no cdp transmit" on our ge1 interfaces (backlinks), which i would assume would work the same as "no cdp run" globally? Correct me if i am wrong.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I can tell you one thing, the CPU utilization is way too high. Are you running the CDP? Also, what CDP are you referencing ?Cabletron discovery protocol or cisco discovery protocol ?

Cisco Discovery Protocol.
Apologies.. Didn't know Cabletron dp existed.. 😛

In the config on the RFS there is no 'no cdp run' command present.

Though on another RFS, an RFS7000, it isnt present either, but the cfgd process is sitting at around 2.5%.
GTM-P2G8KFN