cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Based Routing

Source Based Routing

Jason_Weems
New Contributor II
I have multiple routes to a particular network, I would like to route a particular local network over a certain link, while the rest of the local networks to that remote network over the normal routes. Is there a source based routing solution I can use with my x460s running XOS 15.2.1.5 ?
12 REPLIES 12

Jason_Weems
New Contributor II
I have not configured any other VR's just using the default VR, VR-Default.

You know this post is like 6 months old and just now ppl are responding to it. I have no idea what I was even trying to do back then. I know that I have 15.3.3.5 patch-10 everywhere now.

Chew_Choon_Chon
New Contributor
Hi Mrxlazuardin,

Yes, multiple VR is one way but not feasible for my setup. I have one incoming network but two outbound network (different nexthops) that i need to route to based on source ip coming from the incoming network. Unfortunately since one common incoming network unable to put that network into different VR.

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Jason,

How about using multiple virtual router (VR)? Some source address are connected to a VR and others are connected to other VRs. You can specify different routing table for each VR.

Best regards,

Chew_Choon_Chon
New Contributor
Yes am aware if it ACL and have configured the flow-redirection, access-list and policy file exactly same as what is given in concept guide and GTACT knowledge based example but does not work. Any way to troubleshoot further e.g. any form of tracing or debugging?

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
PBR it's not exactly commands, it's mostly ACLs
GTM-P2G8KFN