cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCB VS BEB

BCB VS BEB

ThorF
New Contributor
Can a BCB have UNI ports and still work as a BCB?
6 REPLIES 6

Ok, so it does not matter if the box in the middel is BCB og BEB? I could not pass traffic without defineing the i-sid on the middle box?
My lab is more complex than this, so probably something else is wrong.

The whole point in fabric is to configure service on the edge ONLY. BCB is just a transport and you typically do not configure anything on it - except SPBM

If you can't pass traffic between devices than most probably you:
a. did not configure SPBM on the nodes properly, and/or
b. did not enable Gi ports (in older voss versions all ports are disabled by default!!), and/or
c. did not configure Gi0/1 edge ports properly (encapsulation dot1q, flex-uni enable etc), and/or
d. did not configure end-system device properly (it does not do vlan tagging for example), and/or

To configure SPBM on nodes use this on each switch:
enable
config terminal
run spbm
And go through wizard.

Afterwards you need to see neigbors when you do:

show isis adjacencies 

In your case when ran on BCB, you should see two neighbors BEB1 and BEB2 (similar to example below):

==================================================================================================================================
ISIS Adjacencies
==================================================================================================================================
INTERFACE L STATE UPTIME PRI HOLDTIME SYSID HOST-NAME STATUS AREA AREA-NAME
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Port1/1 1 UP 8d 23:00:15 127 18 020d.0211.0010 L2-D1-1 ACTIVE HOME
Port1/2 1 UP 8d 22:59:55 127 20 020d.0211.0020 L2-D1-2 ACTIVE HOME
GTM-P2G8KFN